Change this in the top menu. Click this message to remove it.
Product Feed Specification
BoardGamePrices.co.uk can obtain your product information in two ways: Using our crawler, or via a product feed. Our crawler is the easiest to get started with, but if your store has more than 1000 products, or you change your website design often, the product feed is the best solution. With a product feed we can obtain your product catalog directly from your store software, even when you change the layout of your store website. Since the product feed is also faster, we can update the information more often, while our crawler only updates a few times each day.
Most store softwares have product feeds as part of their standard package. Look for "product feed", "Google Shopping" integration or something similiar. The end result should be an URL directly to your product feed, and this is the URL you will need to provide to us.
In the case where your store is custom build, your developers should be able to build a product feed using the following information.
A product feed for BoardGamePrices.co.uk can be in either CSV, XML or JSON format. For each product in the store, the following fields should be present:
- Product ID. This is an unique ID for the particular product. We use this to match products between updates. Do not reuse the same ID for different products.
- Product name. This is the name of the product, as displayed in your store. Feel free to include variant information in the name.
- Product URL. This is the direct URL for the particular product. We will add UTM-tags to the URL if they are not already present.
- Image URL. A direct URL to the primary image for the product.
- Stock status. Should be one of "in stock", "not in stock" or "pre-order".
- Price. The price of the offer. Should be using '.' as decimal, and without currency symbols or codes.
- Currency (optional). The currency of the offer. Should be using the ISO standard, e.g. EUR, GBP, DKK, etc.
- EAN (optional). The EAN code of the product, if you have it.
- Weight in grams (optional). If your shipping rates are weight-based, this field will be used to calculate your shipping rates.
- Languages (optional). If you know the languages of the product (rule book, etc), this is where you describe it. Use ISO two-letter codes for the languages. You can add multiple items with space. Examples: "en", "en de es", "dk no se fi".
- Condition (optional). This describes the condition of the product, and can be one of "new", "damaged" or "second-hand".
The more of the optional fields you include, the faster and more precise new items will appear in our listings. If you offer second-hand or damaged products, please include these as two different products in the product feed.
Here is an example of a few lines of a CSV product feed:
"4","Agricola","https://mystore.com/agricola","https://mystore.com/agricola.png","in stock","429.95","DKK","6430018273938","2011","dk se", "new" "9","Gloomhaven","https://mystore.com/gloomhaven","https://mystore.com/gloomhaven.png","pre-order","1099.95","DKK","0019962194719","4500","en","new"
If you have any questions about setting up the product feed, do not hesitate to Contact us.